A Study on Inventory Management Practices at SME’s – A Case Study with respect to SME of Shimoga District, Karnataka, India.
AbstractInventory management is the major function of manufacturing companies. If a company manages its inventory inefficiently it cannot achieve its objectives. Inventory related cost play a vital role in manufacturing industry. Efficient inventory management also impacts its profitability. Important decisions are taken in manufacturing units are purely depended on the availability of inventory levels. on status of the inventory levels in the organization. Hence, the study uses the case study approach to analyze the inventory management practices at Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) of Shimoga district and attempts to examine its impact on cost and profitability of the firm.
• Financial Management and policy- Vanhorne and Naresh K Malhotrs,11th Edition, published by Vrinda Publications, New Delhi, 2008
• Principles of Financial Management and Corporate finance – Brearly, M C Trochi And Myers, 10th Edition published by TMH ,2011
• Financial Management- Suja Nair, Satish K Batra And Kumar Rajeev, 3rd Edition, Published by Himalaya publications, 2009
• Fianancial Accounting- Jasmin Kaur, Ashish K Bhattacharya and N S Sharma , 5th Edition, published by Dreamtech Publications, NewDelhi,2009
• Accounting For Managers-Jain S P, Suneel K Maheshwari and maheshvari , 3rd Edition, published by Vikas Publishing House Private Limited, Noida, Uttar Pradesh.2008
• Accounting For Managers- Venkataraman R, Usha Devi N , Prakash B Yaragal and Gousiya Khathon 1st Edition, Published by Himalaya Publishing House,Mumbai, Bangalore, 2012
• Research Methodology- SL Gupta And Hitesh Gupta, 9th edition, published by Vikash publications Noida, Uttar Pradesh,2010
• Research Methodology- R Paneerselvam published by PHI Learning Private Limited, Delhi, 2013.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication.
Copyrights for articles published in International Journal of Innovative Knowledge Concepts are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.