A study on depression among PG students in Mysuru
Depression among PG students is unnoticed mostly in today’s scenario. This research is carried out to check the pervasive of mental diseases among the PG students. This is a Descriptive research study that drew a random sample (N=384) Males (N=286). Females who were administered a student perception questionnaire on Depression among PG students, where 83.88% of the students are under depression and 16.11% of them are not, in which 41.10% have tried committing suicide and the other 58.89% have not tried to commit suicide. The aim of the study is to suggest some coping methods of depression among the PG students in Mysuru.
Haaga D, Yarmus M, Hubbard S (2002). Mood dependency of self-rated attachment style. Cogn. Ther. Res., 26: 57-71.
Compton M, Carrere J, Frank E. Stress and depressive symptoms/dysphoria among US medical students: results from a large, nationally representative survey. J NervMent Dis 2008; 196: 891-889.
Larson, M., Orr, M., & Warne, D. (2016). Using student health data to understand and promote academic success in higher education settings. College Student Journal, 50(4), 590-602.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication.
Copyrights for articles published in International Journal of Innovative Knowledge Concepts are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.