A Review of Literature on Relationship Marketing
The purpose of this paper is to provide academicians and practitioners a review on the essence of relationship marketing practices.
DESIGN/ METHODLOGY/ APPROACH: This paper reviews an extant literature from the reputed database in the domain of relationship marketing. Out of them a few empirical papers are shortlisted and reviewed and analyzed for the study.
FINDINGS: The authors find that investment in relationship marketing is significant for the improved customers’ satisfaction. That in a way provides competitive edge over others by ensuring long term sustainability of returns.
POLICY IMPLICATIONS: With the changing marketing scenario of the todays’ competitive world relationship marketing has been going through various changes. Maintaining relations has been of more significance than ever before. To survive in today’s competition firms should invest substantially in building and maintaining long term relationships.
2. Genevieve Catherine Myhal and Jikyeong Kang et al, (2008)"Retaining customers through relationship quality: a services business marketing case", Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 22 Issue: 6, pp.445-453.
3. Apisit Chattananon, Jirasek Trimetsoontorn, (2009) "Relationship marketing: a Thai case", International Journal of Emerging Markets, Vol. 4 Issue: 3, pp.252-274.
4. Georgina Whyatt, Ralph Koschek, (2010) "Implementing relationship marketing: supermarkets’ perspectives", Marketing Intelligence & Planning, Vol. 28 Issue: 5, pp.582-599.
5. Le Nguyen Hau, Liem Viet Ngo, (2012) "Relationship marketing in Vietnam: an empirical study", Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, Vol. 24 Issue: 2, pp.222-235.
6. Thirunavukkarasu Velnampy and Sivsan Sivanandamoorthy, (2012), “Customer Relationship Marketing and Customer Satisfaction: a study of mobile service providing companies in Sri Lanka”, Global Journal of Management and Business Research, Vol. 12 Issue: 18 Version: 1.0
7. Michael A. Jones, Kristy E. Reynolds et al, (2015), “Exploring consumer attitude towards Relationship Marketing”, Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 29 Issue: 3, pp.188–199.
8. Jonathan Z. Zhang, Georg F. Watson et al, (2016), “Dynamic Relationship Marketing”, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 80, pp.53–75.
9. Abdolaziz Abtin and Mostafa Pouramiri, (2016), “Impact of Relationship Marketing on customer loyalty enhancement: (Case study of Kerman Iran insurance company)”, Marketing and Branding Research, Vol. 3, pp.41-49.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication.
Copyrights for articles published in International Journal of Innovative Knowledge Concepts are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.