Synthesis of polyhydroquinolines catalyzed by Ni substituted HPA
A methodology for synthesis of polyhydroquinolines by mixing aldehydes, dimedone, ammonium acetate and ethyl acetoacetate using Ni-HPA catalyst is reported. The reaction was meted out in ethyl alcohol at ambient temperature. The method gave good yields of products in short reaction time compared with previous methods. This methodology offers significant improvements for the synthesis of polyhydroquinolines.
2. Kozhevnikov I. V. Chem. Rev. 1998, 98, 178.
3. DiStilo, A.; Visentin, S.; Clara, C.; Gasco, A. M.; Ermondi, G.; Gasco, A. J. Med. Chem. 1998, 41, 5393.
4. (a) Buhler, F. R.; Kiowski, W. J. Hypertens. 1987, 5, S3. (b) Reid, J. L.; Meredith, P. A.; Pasanisi, F. J. Cardiovasc. Pharmacol. 1985, 7, S18.
5. Mager, P. P.; Coburn, R. A.; Solo, A. J.; Triggle, D. J.; Rothe, H. Drug Des. Discov. 1992, 8, 273.
6. Bretzel, R. G.; Bollen, C. C.; Maeser, E.;Federlin, K. F. Drugs Future 1992, 17, 465.
7. Supale A. R.; Gokavi G. S.; J. Chem. Sci., 2010, 122 (2) 189–192.
8. Supale A. R.; Gokavi G. S; The Open Catalysis Journal, 2009, 2, 61-65.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication.
Copyrights for articles published in International Journal of Innovative Knowledge Concepts are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.