Design and analysis of an automotive aerodynamic device by using computational fluid dynamics
AbstractAn automotive Aerodynamic device i.e. Spoiler is used to create turbulence in the flow of air in order to reduce the pressure difference at the rear of the vehicle due to which reduction is observed in drag force. Also, the shape of spoiler may be optimized as such that the downforce may be maximized or the lift force would be minimized. In the present work a comparative analysis is done by changing the shape of the device. Further the aerodynamic analysis is performed using ANSYS FLUENT software. The model of an LMV and the device were made using modelling software CATIA. The spoiler is tested against the same conditions and hence an optimal solution is obtained.
• Cakir M, “CFD study on aerodynamic effects of a rear wing/spoiler on a passenger vehicle”
• Padagannavar P andBheemanna M, “AUTOMOTIVE COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS SIMULATION OF A CAR USINGANSYS”,International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET)Volume 7, Issue 2, March-April 2016, pp. 91–104,
• C.V.Karthick, MuruganB,P.A.NigalAshik,P.Raju,“CFD Analysis and Optimization of a Car Spoiler, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology”, (IRJET) eISSN: 2395 -0056Volume: 04 Issue: 03 | Mar -2017
• R. B. Sharma, Bansal R, “CFD Simulation for Flow over Passenger Car Using Tail Plates for Aerodynamic Drag Reduction, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering” (IOSR-JMCE) e-ISSN: 2278-1684, p-ISSN: 2320-334X, Volume 7, Issue 5 (Jul. - Aug. 2013), PP 28-35
• G.Ganesh, V.Vasudevan,“Analysis of Effects of Rear Spoiler in Automobile Using Ansys”International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 6, June2015
• S Jain, S Likhar,”Comparative analysis of use of an aerodynamic device in LMV by using computational fluid dynamics”
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication.
Copyrights for articles published in International Journal of Innovative Knowledge Concepts are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.