Comparative Analysis of Use of an Aerodynamic Device in LMV by Using Computational Fluid Dynamics
AbstractA number of studies were carried out to increase the speed of LMV’s by reducing the drag force. In the present work the effect of using an aerodynamic device is analysed on LMV by using CFD and the results were compared with the any LMV i.e. without using the same device. The model of a LMV and aerodynamic device were made using modelling software CATIA V5 and aerodynamic analysis were performed on an artificial wind tunnel using ANSYS FLUENT. The results show an approximate reduction of about 8.65% in drag force when an aerodynamic device is used.
• Cakir M, “CFD study on aerodynamic effects of a rear wing/spoiler on a passenger vehicle”
• Padagannavar P andBheemanna M, “AUTOMOTIVE COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS SIMULATION OF A CAR USINGANSYS”,International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET)Volume 7, Issue 2, March-April 2016, pp. 91–104,
• C.V.Karthick, Murugan B,P.A.Nigal Ashik,P.Raju,“CFD Analysis and Optimization of a Car Spoiler, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology”, (IRJET) eISSN: 2395 -0056Volume: 04 Issue: 03 | Mar -2017
• R. B. Sharma, Bansal R, “CFD Simulation for Flow over Passenger Car Using Tail Plates for Aerodynamic Drag Reduction, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering” (IOSR-JMCE) e-ISSN: 2278-1684, p-ISSN: 2320-334X, Volume 7, Issue 5 (Jul. - Aug. 2013), PP 28-35
• G.Ganesh, V.Vasudevan,“Analysis of Effects of Rear Spoiler in Automobile Using Ansys”International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 6, June2015
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication.
Copyrights for articles published in International Journal of Innovative Knowledge Concepts are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.